Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
After the inspection, and damage assessment step, that is when our third step comes to play which is when the water extraction process begins. This step is when we begin to remove the majority of the water that has affected your home. Our technicians use powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuum units that have the ability to quickly remove hundreds, or even thousands of gallons of water from any type of flooring in your property. We use the specific extraction tool depending on the amount of water that is standing in your home. If there is a large amount of water standing in your home we will have to use a more powerful tool to get the job done. Once we have finished the extraction process in your home we now move on to step 4.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.