Accredited since 07/2017 with BBB!!
Call 24/7 956.747.3020, our representatives are on stand by to provide more information on our available emergency services.
When you are looking for a company to trust inside your home/business, so many factors matter as your search for the right company. We want you to feel more than confident when you chose of SERVPRO East Brownsville and SPI. Our admins are on standby 24/7 to answer any questions you may have or to begin a job. Meaning YES if we need a crew of technicians to go on site on a weekend, Holiday or before/after working hours WE WILL BE THERE.
You don’t have to work with our schedule, we’ll work with yours! Not only does that allow you to continue living your day-to-day life without interruptions but it allows us to finish faster and return your home/business, “Like it never even happened.”
We have been in business for over 13 years, and have been accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) on 04/2022! The search is OVER! SERVPRO is the company you want to hire when dealing with ANY catastrophic events! Our admins work 24/7 to answer any questions you may have in regards to our available emergency services. Don’t forget to browse our website and check out our before and after section to view the impact SERVPRO has in homes/businesses.
How You Benefit From Our “Restore vs. Replace” Mentality
When you need cleanup and recovery of any kind, you can trust SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island to get the job done.
When disaster strikes, we can get to your aid quickly, but that well-known reason is not the only reason why we need to be one of the first calls you make if the worst should occur.
Aided by the use of specialized equipment and cleaning techniques, when it comes to your property, our technicians have a “restore first” mentality. Using this type of mentality helps reduce the interruptions to your life and helps get your home or business back to pre-disaster condition.How We Accomplish Our “Restore First” Mentality
After a fire has damaged your property, figuring out your next steps can be stressful, but that’s where we help. After we receive your call, our team will get right to work for you.
Every fire damage event is different and while our highly trained team will create a solution that is tailored especially to your needs, the general process will remains the same.
Here are the steps that are included in our process:
1. Emergency contact. When we receive your call, we will ask a series of questions regarding the fire damage. This helps us make sure our team is dispatched with the appropriate equipment and resources.
2. Inspection and fire damage assessment. When our team arrives upon the scene, they will inspect and test adjoining rooms of the property to determine the extent of fire, smoke and soot damage. This helps us determine the right plan of action moving forward.
3. Immediate board-up and roof-tarp service. Since fire damage can compromise windows, walls and roofs, we make sure that your property is secured and protected from further damage by boarding up missing windows and walls and placing a tarp on damaged roofs.
4. Water removal and drying (if water damage is present). Since water damage is a byproduct of fire damage, we’ll begin the process of removing wet items right away. Dehumidifiers and air movers are brought in to remove the remaining water and finish up the drying process.
5. Removal of smoke and soot from all surfaces. We use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls and other surfaces.
6. Cleaning and sanitizing. Whenever possible, we will clean restorable items and structures. Not only will they be cleaned, but industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment are used to help remove odors.
7. Restoration. This is our final step for getting your property back to pre-fire condition. Restoration will include minor repairs like replacing drywall, painting and installing new carpet. It may also call for more major repairs like reconstruction of damaged areas.
Remember, if you need us, we’ll be there—no matter the time or day. The team of highly trained restoration experts at SERVPRO® of East Brownsville & South Padre Island is available for emergency cleanup and restoration services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The 4 Things That Cause 3 Types of Flooding
Regardless of the cause of the flooding, SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island has the team to help you recover from any disastrous event.
Flooding is a major natural disaster, claiming more lives in the United States per year than lightning, tornadoes and hurricanes. This common event affects everything in its path from an individual home to an entire community or city.
Flooding occurs in all 50 states and all U.S. territories, and while the events are all slightly different, there are similarities in the types of flooding and the casualties that result from them. There are three types of flooding that are common, and four reasons they happen.3 Types of Natural Flooding
Flash floods are a commonly occurring type of flood that happens when intense rain covers an area and the ground is unable to absorb enough water. The excess water runs off quickly and can carry away small objects or even something as large as a car.
River floods happen when a river gains too much water too quickly and it begins to run over the banks causing damage beyond the boundaries of the river.
Coastal floods are floods that occur near large bodies of water. Storm surges, cyclonic activities and rising tides contribute to flooding near oceans and the gulf.The 4 Most Common Causes of Natural Flooding
Heavy rainfall. The past several years have brought extreme rains to Texas that have resulted in heavy flooding. Storms with excessive amounts of rain often move in and leave our grounds inundated, creating flash flooding and river floods. Our urban areas tend to be more susceptible to floods when these rains move in due to the lack of soil and increased area of concrete and asphalt.
Oceanic activity. Those in our South Padre Island community have come to understand the risk associated with rising tides, hurricanes and storm surges. This flood-prone area, along with the rest of our Texas coast, have seen the damage these massive floods can leave behind.
Dams and levees failing. The notable levee break in 2005 caused by Hurricane Katrina is something none of us can forget. Levee and dams break when they are cracked or under extreme pressure and can no longer contain the surge of water behind them. These breaches can create catastrophic flooding.
Snowmelts and ice dams. While our winters are mostly mild, we can occasionally see some pretty chilly weather, but nothing like our neighbors to the north that experience heavy snowfall and prolonged freezing temperatures. These areas of our nation deal with flooding caused by snowmelt and ice dams. Ice dams, or ice jams form when ice enters a river and creates a block, causing the river to overflow.
Regardless of the cause of the flooding, SERVPRO has the tools and teams to help your home or business recover from its disastrous effects. Contact us anytime when flooding or water damage makes a mess in your life.
SERVPRO, Your Silent Partner in Business!
SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island are your local commercial restoration experts. Contact us should you experience any damage 9567473020
Managing a property or owning a business requires a lot of help. As an owner or manager, you know that keeping your business afloat calls for every available hand just to run things properly. Major events that result in a disruption or a loss can devastate commercial properties.
Your rental property, retail space or manufacturing facility has a silent partner right here in our Texas backyard with SERVPRO. We are ready to carry the burden of emergency planning, cleaning and restoration for your business so that you can be successful. We want to be your allies, invested in you and your company.
Large Loss Recovery. Among the top reasons businesses suffer losses are natural disasters. Fire, storms and flooding have caused crushing financial damages across the United States, something we have certainly felt in Texas after a hurricane has moved through. SERVPRO offers highly trained professionals ready to respond 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With our proven emergency response services, we can minimize your downtime away from your business and get your company up and running again.
Emergency Ready Plan. Recovery can begin before a disaster strikes when your business is prepared. We can create the perfect plan that you are in control of the moment you are ready. Our Emergency Ready Plans are written specifically for your business to cover any unique needs you have. This plan can include everything from different work locations to a protocol for chain of command and temporary vendors. When you say “go,” the plan starts and your business heads toward restoration.
Cleaning of All Kinds. You might have seen our trucks after a storm, but SERVPRO has also been a deep-cleaning service for a long time. Our professionals can cover your business’ needs from floor to ceiling, including upholstery, carpets and furniture. We also take care of specialty needs like trauma site cleanup and safe biohazard removal. We have seen and trained for lots of different scenarios, and we can clean all of them.
Restoration Services. Here in Texas, storms can get strong pretty quickly, which can lead to flooding or even a pipe bursting in an extreme temperature drop. As a business owner or property manager, you will run into a variety of reasons for needing restoration services, and we can cover them all, even if it is simply a burnt lunch in the office cafeteria.
Industry Specialization. There isn’t an office in Texas we haven’t looked into and trained for as we have worked in our community over the decades. Whatever your business requires, we are prepared. In many cases, we can clean or restore in an enclosed area while you continue to operate your company.
Whatever your recovery need may be, and whatever your commercial property may require, trust SERVPRO to get the job done. Contact us today to get started on an Emergency Ready Plan or find out how we can serve your business.
Keeping you and your family safe
The after result of a fire can be intense, but you can count on SERVPRO for the cleanup& restoration process!
Fires are especially scary to us adults, but can you only imagine how children feel during these times? Children are especially vulnerable, panic – stricken children tend to hide in a burning fire out of pure fear. Now, if maybe there are a few safety protocols in place kids a have a better grasp on what to do if they are in such scenario. They can have a better knowledge on how to protect themselves.
Have an escape plan in every room, in visible height for your children to be able to see it, and practice periodic fire drills. Be sure to have a safe meeting spot and time the fire drills.
You may teach your kids some of the following tips to keep them safe in the event of a fire:
- Fire spreads fast
- Leave as fast as you can as soon as you hear the fire alarm ring.
- Cover your mouth
- As your exiting your home, cover your mouth with a wet towel or cloth, to keep smoke from entering your lungs
- Crawl on the floor
- If the smoke is too cloudy and you can not see through, crawl on all fours to stay away from the smoke
- DO NOT OPEN HOT DOORS
- Hot walls, door knobs or doors can indicate a bigger fire behind that. Try to find a safer exit
- DO NOT STOP
- Do not stop to try and save personal items your main priority is to get our of the home or building
- DROP. ROLL
- If your clothing catches on fire, cover you face and stop drop and roll immediately
- Do not go back in
- Once outside do not try to go back. Safest thing you can do is stay far away and call 911 ASAP.
SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire, and the disruption it causes your life, and your home or business. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life, and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island has highly trained technicians that are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have the training and expertise to handle your cleaning and restoration needs.
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (956) 747-3020
Kitchen Grease Fires 101
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (956) 747-3020
There are many well-known causes that can lead to a residential fire. One of the main areas with 48% of leading fires, are kitchen fires. In just a few seconds a small fire can spread and turn into a seriously big fire. Knowing how to prevent or put out these kinds of fires can be the difference to suffering little to no injuries at all
Let’s talk about what to do in the event you accidently spark a grease fire in the kitchen:
- Remove the source of heat
- Cover lit oil with a metal lid
- Pour baking soda generously over smaller grease fries
- Use CLASS B dry extinguishers. [If needed]
- Escape and call 911 if it gets out of hand
Also remember the following when dealing with kitchen fires:
- Do not use water
- Do not transfer burning pots anywhere
- You may ONLY use baking soda, NO other baking materials
Its important to always know what to do in the event of a fire, but always be one step ahead of it. Have fire alarms in every room possible and have them tested every 6 months.
If you do suffer a kitchen fire, count on SERVPRO of East Brownsville and South Padre Island to help you clean up and restore you home back, “Like it never even happened.” This type of damage can be especially upsetting and destructive for your family to process. You may feel stressed, confused, and vulnerable so you’ll need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis. We’ll treat you with respect, and empathy, and we’ll always treat your home and belongings with care. We will work nonstop until we get your life back to normal.
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (956) 747-3020
When water damage strikes, a fast response is critical. 24/7 Brownsville residents and business owners can expect us to respond immediately!
When a storm is approaching there is a few insurance FIY’s you should be aware about and AFTER the storm too, and we are going to talk about them in the following blog!
FYI before a storm you should know:
- New and existing policies will not be written when a storm nears the gulf.
- Make sure your policy covers additional living expenses for a temporary residence if you are not able to live in your home due to the damages from a disaster
- Be prepared with a detailed written and/or photographic inventory of your homes contents and store in a safe place with your policy
- If your insurance does not cover flood or windstorm perils, ask about coverage through the Texas windstorm insurance association or the national food insurance program
FYI after the storm you should know:
- give prompt written notice to your insurance company
- photograph or video tape damaged structures and property. Make a list of damaged or lost items
- do not throw out damaged property before your adjuster has inspected the debris unless it is a hazard or impedes local cleanup
- keep an accurate record of temporary repair and living expenses if a loss of use is suffered
Every water disaster is different, from the amount of water to the level of contamination of the water. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same.
SERVPRO franchise professionals have the expertise and highly advanced equipment that allows us to emphasize monitoring and documenting the drying process from beginning to end to properly restore your property to pre-water damage condition with no mistakes at all. Our experience and scientific approach to water removal and water cleanup enable us to properly dry and restore any type of damage water that may have occurred to your home or business.
SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Did you know that the US residents spends about 13 billion annually to restore property damages? About 14,000 Americans experience a water damage emergency DAILY. That’s scary, but it goes without saying that there’s a company you can rely on 24/7 for your business emergencies!
SERVPRO of East Brownsville and South Padre Island is YOUR go to local company for your restoration needs! When a commercial business, whether a fabricating plant, warehouse, retail store, office, or a big box enterprise cannot remain open because of a natural disaster, structural failure or unexpected water, fire or mold emergency, rely on us to get you “back in your business”
When it comes to commercial and residential restoration services, SERVPRO is a leader in the industry. Available 24 hours a day and seven days a week, SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island responds quickly to your Brownsville business’s fire, water, and mold damage emergencies.
No commercial project is too big for us!
Have Questions? Call Today – (956) 747-3020
Fall + SERVPRO = FALL SAFETY TIPS: Fire Edition
Have Questions? Call Us Today (956) 747-3020 for more information on our clean-up and restoration services for fire damages within your home/business
As the weather gets fresher and the leaves fall, we, as Texans, know that fall is here. With that being said, Texas being a very dry cold place in these times (especially in the lower RGV regions) its important to follow fire hazard safety to avoid a FIRE.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Texas experiences about 10,200 fires a year?
- Over a 5-year period house fires, in the US, cause over $6.2 billion in property damages??
THAT’S SCARY but to help prevent a few fires this year, here’s some tips you can follow when the weather starts dropping a bit more:
- Space heaters
- Space heaters are suggested highly with the reason that if tipped over they shut off on their own
- They shouldn’t be placed to close to any blankets or curtains
- Do also place space heater ON tile or ceramic flooring. assure that when turned on they are NOT on top of any carpets and/or rugs.
- Fire alarms
- We all know that fire alarms are the #1 MUST HAVES to help prevent fires
- Assure that there is one in each room of the house
- Test your devices yearly and replace batteries as needed.
In the unfortunate event you suffer from a fire, this type of damage can be especially upsetting and destructive for your family to process. You may feel stressed, confused, and vulnerable so you’ll need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis. We’ll treat you with respect, and empathy, and we’ll always treat your home and belongings with care. We will work nonstop until we get your life back to normal.
Count on the professionals that work 24/7 to provide you back your home, after an unexpected fire, “Like it never even happened.”
Workplace fire SAFETY
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (956) 747-3020
Did you know? On an average 52 fires occur everyday in a work place environment?
While it may not be possible to eliminate every potential fire hazard, there is still plenty of workplace fire safety you can implement to protect your workers, your office and the financial health of your company
Here are some common fire culprits:
- Damaged Electrical Equipment
- Electrical fires are one of the most common types of fires in the workplace. from a faulty outlet to an overloaded power strip to a frayed wire can cause a potentially fire
- Combustible and Flammable Materials
- Cardboard, chemicals, and even beauty products can cause a fire if not handled properly.
- Untrained Staff
- untrained staff will be both more likely to unknowingly engage in hazardous behavior and less likely to know what to do should a fire break out in the office
- No Equipment in Place
- Ensure that there is a fire extinguisher present on every floor in an easily accessible area.
SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island is dedicated to responding immediately to your Brownsville fire damage emergency. A faster response is the key to help prevent additional damage and reduce the restoration cost.