Keeping you and your family safe
Fires are especially scary to us adults, but can you only imagine how children feel during these times? Children are especially vulnerable, panic – stricken children tend to hide in a burning fire out of pure fear. Now, if maybe there are a few safety protocols in place kids a have a better grasp on what to do if they are in such scenario. They can have a better knowledge on how to protect themselves.
Have an escape plan in every room, in visible height for your children to be able to see it, and practice periodic fire drills. Be sure to have a safe meeting spot and time the fire drills.
You may teach your kids some of the following tips to keep them safe in the event of a fire:
- Fire spreads fast
- Leave as fast as you can as soon as you hear the fire alarm ring.
- Cover your mouth
- As your exiting your home, cover your mouth with a wet towel or cloth, to keep smoke from entering your lungs
- Crawl on the floor
- If the smoke is too cloudy and you can not see through, crawl on all fours to stay away from the smoke
- DO NOT OPEN HOT DOORS
- Hot walls, door knobs or doors can indicate a bigger fire behind that. Try to find a safer exit
- DO NOT STOP
- Do not stop to try and save personal items your main priority is to get our of the home or building
- DROP. ROLL
- If your clothing catches on fire, cover you face and stop drop and roll immediately
- Do not go back in
- Once outside do not try to go back. Safest thing you can do is stay far away and call 911 ASAP.
SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire, and the disruption it causes your life, and your home or business. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life, and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island has highly trained technicians that are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have the training and expertise to handle your cleaning and restoration needs.
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (956) 747-3020