How to prepare for a winter storm BEFORE it happens
First thigs first you want to make sure you get the alert that there’s a storm approaching. Here’s how to get set up weather alerts on your phone:
For iPhones: By default, this option is turned on, but can be disabled or verified by going to Settings > Notifications > Emergency Alerts.
For Android Phones: Settings > More > Cell Broadcasts (may be under Wireless Networks section) > enable / disable Extreme Alerts and Severe Alerts.
Now that you got your alerts on: Let’s get started
- Days before the storm arrives, fill up your gas tank. If you want to be extra prepared, take a gas can
- Stock up time. Make sure you have flashlights, candles (lighter), water and dry food that won’t go bad.
- Charge your phone and other electronics. If you want to be extra prepared, purchase a portable charger (just make sure its ALSO fully charged)
- If you have any generators and or large battery backups that you may have in the event of a black out.
- Check your vehicles anti-freeze
When you have a cleaning or restoration need, we’re already nearby and ready to help. We take pride in being a part of the Brownsville, TX community and want to do our part in making it the best it can be.