SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Islands Important Advice For Mold Remediation
Mold is a very serious thing that can lead to many problems like health issues, respiratory issues and even safety issues. In fact, it's sometimes deadly. Its a situation that should never be ignored and be removed right away. When you observe your first sign of mold, Call SERVPRO as soon as possible, NEVER try and handle the mold situation yourself! Being exposed to the mold will pass on some dangerous health problems. Also, we warn you that you should NEVER touch anything electrical when water is where it doesn't belong. While this might seem obvious, you'd be surprised at the number of people who have a flooded basement and casually wade through the water in order to turn off appliances or light switches on or off. Just a few inches of water can saturate electrical outlets near a floor. In fact, you should not be there in the first place. We remind you once again, it is very dangerous! Don't let mold remain in your home for too long. This leads to the mold to spread rapidly throughout your home or business. Mold cannot grow without moisture, Therefore, its always good to have a dehumidifier to remove dampness from the air and reduce the threat of mold.
Use your senses if you suspect your house or business has mold. If you smell mustiness, its very likely mold is present. If something looks suspicious, Don't hesitate to have it checked out by SERVPRO of East Brownsville & South Padre Island. Better safe than sorry.!